Saturday, September 19, 2009

Reverie: God in Her eyes





In our lives we see things as how we perceive them to be, filtered by our biases and prejudice. We fail to see things as they are, and we are left limited by our own interpretations which, in fact are very subjective. I have learned that there is no solution to this. We can't be robotic computers simply because we are alive. We feel, we have a heart that is capable of a myriad of emotions that can leave us either depressed or euphoric. Sometimes though, we may find ourselves stripped of our hearts capacity to feel, and this unintentional apathy is worse than death.

I have gone through a lot of things in my life. In my search for answers I have turned to a lot of things: friends who know the same things you do; psychology which is simplistic and compartmentalized, leaving me emptier than I was before. Then there is philosophy. I love philosophy, with all it's very simple yet profound wisdom. But ultimately, philosophy is a guide to how we live. And I think the philosophers, humanly imperfect as they are, contradict each other. In contradiction there is no truth, only conflict.

Then I turned to the spiritual. Man is a spiritual being, as search each and everyone of us has this yearning to identify with the Divine. And this is the foundation of religion. In mysticism I have seen how sexuality and love and God are all interconnected. How we are all a part of each other and that we are all one. Then I realized that the answers to our greatest yearnings are all in the Bible. In God's word we can see all the solutions to all our aches and yearnings. It is written:

26So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

27And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will.
-Romans 8:26-27 (Amp)
All we need to do is believe and trust that God is within us and is for us. Trusting is faith. And in our weakness we can triumph over adversity if it is within His perfect plan for our lives. The goal of Christianity is not to know God's will, but to make our will His. It is in this selfless surrender in faith that we are kept within His loving embrace. In my moments of greatest agony, I pray with my soul and the Holy Spirit intercedes for me before the Father. It is with this that I have found an inner tranquility that can not be shaken. It is finding joy everyday and being happy because God has abundantly blessed and has graciously provided for my needs and the desires of my heart. This is hoping in God for us.

In my walk with the Lord, I have come to four principles I go by:
1. Never stop SEARCHING for TRUTH.
2. Never stop BELIEVING.
3. Never stop HOPING.
4. Never stop LOVING.


I am in a journey in search for God's face here on Earth. But what I never realized until now is that God is manifest in love. There are no other nobler quests in life than truth and love. And now I know that loving someone is to see God in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment