Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Heart's Regret


The Yogi:


The past is no longer, the future is not yet, and the present is as the blink of an eye.


The Lover:

The past is manifested in the present in the living reality of memory;
The future is in the palpable presence of yearning; and the present is in the invitation of the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



My Heart's regret
is because it was
not there.
When we met,
I was heartless.
Now my heart screams
to meet you.
Yearns
to know you.

To know your
kindness,
the heat of your kisses,
and the intensity of
the moment when
we are together.
I hope
beyond hope that
you may see my heart
beating again.
This time, for
no one but you.
Now, as we have never
been---
This tardy heart
that I have
seeks for a chance
to go back;
hug you tight, and
never let you go.
But since what was
can never be what is:
I will be waiting for a
tomorrow, where past
and present meet,
where God has
prepared for us.
Until that day comes
to pass,
I will purge my heart
and keep it pure, so
that I will not
take you for granted.
To not make you
suffer my rantings
and insecurities; so
that we may live!
Alive,
aroused,
and ablaze.
your fire has set
my soul on a passionate
longing for you;
for the time
we'll get to meet
again- now
with our hearts
in place,
I'll tell you
I love you.

For now, in
hopeful contrition
I lay still.
Dreaming of us
renewed, reunited, and
reignited.
Let it be so.
In Christ I entrust
my plea.
Let angels come
down and guard
our hearts. And for
my hopeful tomorrow,
Let truth begin this
newfound chance.
Let there be
a celebration in our hearts
until that day.

Let the storms in our
lives take us home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment